Monday, June 2, 2008

Tomorrow

Someone once told me that philosophically there is no such concept as tomorrow. There is only today. When tomorrow arrives, it is always today. When I go to bed, it's today, and when I wake up, it's today! Although it took me a little while to wrap my mind around that thought, it makes sense.

Psalm 39:5 says, "Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity." We all know that life is brief, especially all of us who have reached middle age.

One mistake that we never want to make is to put off for tomorrow what we should do today. An instance of this is in Matthew 25:24-30. The "one talent" man thought he had a fantastic excuse, but an excuse never relieves responsibility.

Remember, today is the day we die, not tomorrow. What you should do is concentrate your energy toward learning the Master's will and then doing it (Matthew 7:21; 2 Timothy 2:15; Ephesians 4:26; 2 Corinthians 6:1-2). If we can help you, write to us!

Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home