Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Living by the scriptures


Everyone wants to be like Jesus, right? Philippians 2:5 says, “Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” In what way should I have the “mind of Christ”? One important way is to live by the scriptures. When tempted by the devil, Jesus kept going back to the Bible by saying, “It is written” (Matthew 4:4, 7, 10). If someone were to consider all the ways that Jesus could have communicated about the Father, or could have learned from the Father, but He went back to the scriptures.
Living by the scriptures was not just to be the prerogative of Jesus. We need to live by them too: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). If I can make the Bible the source of my heart’s meditation (Psalm 119:97), then it will eventually become my manner of life. When it does, my life will become immeasurably better because I will enjoy the fellowship of God, enjoy the fellowship of Christians, and my life will have deeper purpose and meaning.
Live by the scriptures and do the will of God. I will guarantee, even though you have ordeals and troubles, you will be happy with your decision. In the end, you will enjoy the wonderful home of heaven.
Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home