Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Doing something good


Part of living your new life as a “new man” (Ephesians 4:24; Colossians 3:10) is putting others first (Philippians 2:3). A good way to do this to work for or serve others. Jesus said, “For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me” (Matthew 25:35-36).
Doing good to others not only helps us to take the focus off ourselves (and the problems we face), but it also helps us mimic the good that the Lord did when He gave us His Son (John 3:16). Just as God was pleased with the sacrifice of His Son (Isaiah 53:11), He is pleased with our sacrifice: “But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased” (Hebrews 13:16).
The next time that your problems weigh you down, try not to be overwhelmed by them; rather, do something good for someone else. It will pull your thoughts away from difficulties, and satisfy your heart by doing God’s will: “So then, as we have opportunity, let us work that which is good toward all men, and especially toward them that are of the household of the faith” (Galatians 6:10).
Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home