Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lead me in the truth


In Psalm 25:5, David wrote, “Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.” This appeal is similar to Isaiah 2:2: “And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.” The Lord teaches us through the scriptures. That is why Christians emphasize the Bible so much.
Jesus said, “It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me” (John 6:45). If you want to know more about the Lord, don’t wait for some kind of “enlightenment,” pick up your Bible and really study by comparing texts to come to an understanding of God’s will. You can be lead in the truth, but you have to take the initiative with the scriptures
Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home