Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Are you sure?


Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:6-8, “For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.” In these three verses, Paul truly expresses how certain he is about making it to Heaven. Although we remember how bad of a person he was in his past, being a persecutor of Christians, it is all behind him. He is sure he will make it to heaven. The question is, “Are you as certain as Paul was about making it to Heaven?”

You may ask somebody today if they think they are going to make it to Heaven. They may say something like, “I think so.” Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but all aren’t as certain about it as Paul was. People may say, “I wish I could be as confident as Paul was.” The fact of the matter is that we can be if we are living a faithful life unto God. Not being sure of yourself shows that there may be something wrong in your life that needs changing. If so, get right with God today, and quit being the kind of person that can only “think so.” Become a Christian that knows so!

Jonathan Glaesemann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home