Tuesday, August 23, 2011

You are not alone

In 1 Kings 19:1-3, one of God’s most faithful servants, Elijah, had his life threatened by the wicked Jezebel. After Elijah fled to the region of Mt. Sinai, far away from Jezebel, he said this to God: “And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away” (1 Kings 19:14). His situation would have certainly been disheartening, but God, when Elijah felt like he was all alone, did not let His servant stay discouraged, for He said, “Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him” (1 Kings 19:18).
Sometimes we feel like we’re the only ones left who are moral and faithful, but we’re not alone. God wants us to know that He is there, watching over us and helping us. He wants us to succeed and be faithful. Put your trust in Him, and He will never let you down. “Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust” (Psalm 16:1).
Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home