Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Are you wearing out?

As I grow older, I realize that as I get out of bed in the morning, I have more aches and pains. I realize that my body is wearing out -- getting worse -- as time goes on. Knowing that God has the ability to do anything He wishes, I have wondered why He creates our bodies to decay.


I think a reason might be in 2 Corinthians 4:16: “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.” Our decaying bodies teach a lesson -- we are not going to be here forever! Furthermore, when we think of heaven, we think of a place with no sorrow, crying, or pain (Revelation 21:4).


If we never felt those emotions, if life just constantly got better and better, it would not produce a desire in us to leave this world. We would never look for a “better country” (Hebrews 11:16). The next time you have an ache or pain, look at it as a means to an end, the road which you will follow until the end of your journey. Hang in there and be faithful, and you will enjoy blessedness which cannot be compared to the suffering we endure now (Romans 8:18).


Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home