Monday, March 24, 2014

The will of God

Perhaps the most important element of doing the will of God is honesty and open-mindedness. So many have said, “It’s just your opinion,” or “I’m too old to change what I believe.” This is easy to say if you don't really care to study. Peter commanded, “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear” (1 Peter 3:15).

The word “answer” means a verbal defense or a speech. “Reason” means an answer or an explanation. We have to know why we believe. Without reason, we cannot live up to the command in 2 Timothy 2:15: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

I have never raised an ear of corn by myself in my life. I do not tell a farmer who has raised corn all his life how to farm corn. He would laugh in my face and I would deserve it. But look how many people believe something with no way of knowing whether they are wrong or right. All they have to go on is what their preacher says.

We must have the disposition that we are going to be right before God in order to do what the Bible says. If you do not have that zeal to be right, nothing will matter. If you are not honest or have an open mind to change what you believe if you are shown that it is wrong, then why bother?

Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home