Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Are you secure?


A lot of what we believe is secure today isn’t, which has been proved by criminal and/or unethical activity like hacking and phishing. Our email, passwords, and websites are not secure. Even the government can monitor what we do with texts and emails.
But God has had this capability since time began. Psalm 139:7-12 says, “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.”
Achan thought he could hide treasure in his tent, but everything was destroyed for his sin (Joshua 7:19-26). Ananias and Sapphira withheld money and lied, thinking that God wouldn’t know; both died by the hand of God (Acts 5:5, 10). God knows what goes on in His world. Amos 5:12 says, “For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict the just, they take a bribe, and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right.” Don’t ever think that you can be secure in your sins from the presence of God. God promised through Solomon, “Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once” (Proverbs 28:18).
Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home