Monday, November 29, 2010

Are you full?

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I’ve been able to reflect upon a frustrating fact common to all. While I would stuff my stomach until I never thought I would eat any more, a few hours later I would be ready to eat again. God designed our bodies to require constant nourishment. We are never full.


Thankfully, when it comes to spiritual considerations, we can be full through Jesus Christ. John says, “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water” (7:37-39). Isn’t it comforting that you can have spiritual food that can never leave you hungry. In His sermon on the mount, Christ promised, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6). If you never want to “hunger and thirst” in your soul again, become a Christian and be truly filled. Colossians 2:10 says, “And ye are complete in him …”


Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home