Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whom do you follow?

The question is important because it defines who we are as Christians. In providing the correct answer, we will first consider who Jesus followed. In John 17:25-26, Jesus prayed, “O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”


Who followed Jesus? The apostles followed Jesus. In 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul wrote, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ” (cf. Philippians 3:17; 4:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:6; 2 Thessalonians 3:7-9). Jesus had said, “When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice” (John 10:4).


Drawing this “chain” to a conclusion, Christians now are to follow the instructions of the apostles. Acts 2:42 says, “And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” If you want to follow the right source, look to Jesus and the disciples. What they did, you can do. If you do this, you will be right before God!


Kyle Campbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home